Blogging about travel destinations, deals, and stories - from outrageous to humorous and everything in between.

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Adult Camps ~ Who Knew?


Are you aware that there are summer camps in the U.S. for adults only?  It was news to me and a welcome offering I might add.  Have you ever wished you could learn to bull ride?  Aha…there’s a camp for that!  Maybe you like acting, dancing, or photography.  Sure, there is a camp for those, too.  Or perhaps your interest lies elsewhere, like surfing, golf, racing/driving, religious studies, etc.  Visit www.grownupcamps.com for an extensive list of offerings.


Here’s one that appeals to me before I even read the details…Roar & Snore at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park.  Really!  Sign me up & ship me off to California!  The age limit is 21 or older for this overnight adventure.  The campers get to experience behind the scenes, evening hikes, and face time with the critters.  How’s that for nightlife?  The adventure includes guided walks, a campfire program, dinner, an evening snack, breakfast, and a souvenir.  There are choices of tents, with pricing ranging from $182 to $262 depending on your accommodation selection. 

Do you like murder mysteries?   Treat yourself to a vacation right out of the game “Clue.”   The minute you check in to the Harry Packer Mansion in Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania, murder and mayhem unfold. You and the other guests will be assigned a character based on one of the family members who lived in the mansion during the 1870s. When the crime is committed, clues will be revealed by inspector Bob (a.k.a. owner Bob Handwerk) at every meal to help you piece together the details of the crime—including the culprit.  Murder mysteries are scheduled every weekend. Cost: $525–$650 per couple for two nights (depending on accommodation); meals and lodging are included.  For reservations or more information, call 570-325-8566 or visit MurderMansion.com .
A little research will turn up a variety of choices for adult camps.  You won’t be alone – this seems to be the up-an-coming vacation fad or fancy for the grown-ups. 

8 comments:

  1. Wow! This was news to me, too. I had no idea there were special camps for different interests. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pandy - Cool, eh? And, the list includes camps for adults with special needs. A forgotten niche if you ask me!
      Happy trippin',
      Pat

      Delete
  2. Hi Pat,

    Interesting post and a lot of great ideas here.
    A vacation at that Mansion would be fun.

    Happy weekend and thanks for visiting me
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolyn - Thank you for stopping by my new blog! I am serious about wanting to do the Roar & Snore thing! Maybe one day...
      Happy trippin',
      Pat

      Delete
  3. Found It! Great post and I see lots of potential for your new blog. I am headed to Ocala, Florida to "zip line the canyons" on Friday. I have lived here my entire life and did not know that Florida had canyons. Will post about it on my blog.

    Love the idea of Adult summer camp. Sign me up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzanne & Malcolm - Thanks for the comment and encouragement! Have fun zipping! That scares and intrigues me! LOL! Talk about wishy washy!
    Hugs,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how awesome!!!

    I live in Ohio and the murder mystery mansion appeals to me - we have our 10th wedding anniversary coming up and I think my hubs would love that! Maybe I will surprise him, thanks for the awesome info!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are loved as much as hugs! Each one blesses my day and I thank you!